BlackBerry Partners Fund and RIM Announce BlackBerry Developer Challenge Winners in Europe
Amsterdam, The Netherlands – BlackBerry DevCon Europe – February 8, 2012 – BlackBerry Partners Fund™ and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced the winners of the Recognition Awards for Europe, the final round of winners in the fourth annual BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. New for the BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge, Recognition Award winners were selected from applications across six categories based on the level of visual appeal, user experience, creativity and innovation.
- Best B2C app developed for a customer by an agency or ISV – Yemeksepeti by tmob
- Most useful enterprise application – MDC Mobile Data Collection by Gulliver
- Best website conversion using the BlackBerry WebWorks platform – Salzburger Nachrichten Mobil by Salzburger Nachrichten
- Most creative implementation of Super App characteristics – InStyle.de by ISEC7
- Most innovative use of Payment Service and/or Advertising Service – Bellshare
- Most compelling app created by a student or faculty member – Polar Slide by Dustyroom
- Winners of the three 2011 BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge competitions were announced in September and October along with the Recognition Awards winners for North America and Latin America. All were recognized at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference (DevCon) in San Francisco.
- Winners of the Most Innovative BlackBerry® WebWorks™ App for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet and BlackBerry® smartphones were announced on September 21, 2011. The list of WebWorks winners can be found at http://www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/winners2011/webworks.
- Winners of the best Adobe® AIR® app built with Adobe® Flash® technology for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet were announced on October 3, 2011. The list of Adobe Flash/AIR winners can be found at http://www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/winners2011/adobeair.
- Winners of the Most Addictive BlackBerry Social Apps Using the BBM Social Platform were announced on October 18, 2011. The list of BBM winners can be found at http://www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/winners2011/BBM.
- Winners of the Recognition Awards for Asia Pacific were announced at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference (DevCon) in Singapore, December 7 – 8, 2011. The list of winners can be found at http://www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/winners2011/apacrecognition
Prizes for the BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge are valued at $3 million, almost double the value of prizes awarded last year. Prizes include placement on the BlackBerry® App World™ carousel, membership in the BlackBerry® Alliance Program, BlackBerry accessory gift certificates and more. More information on the BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge – including complete rules, guidelines, competitions, awards and prize packages – is available at www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/challenge.
About BlackBerry Partners Fund
BlackBerry Partners Fund is the leading independent venture capital firm focused exclusively on mobile computing. In collaboration with Research In Motion, along with Thomson Reuters and RBC, the global fund brings capital, resources and unparalleled domain expertise to the partnerships it forms with exceptional entrepreneurs around the world who are shaping the future of the mobile eco-system. The Fund has an investment footprint throughout North America, the United Kingdom and Israel. For more information, visit www.blackberrypartnersfund.com.
About Research In Motion
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, BlackBerry products and services are used by millions of customers around the world to stay connected to the people and content that matter most throughout their day. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. RIM is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RIM). For more information, visit www.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.