1. Design and prepare detailed electronic (CAD) designs for all kinds of jewellery from observations, measurements, sketches and specifications.
2. Interface with the concerned to obtain details of materials intended to be used in the jewellery.
3. Make basic computations to determine strength of materials and requirements for structural design.
4. Revise computer-aided designs and plans to comply with modified specifications made during actual production.
5. Provide technical guidance and direction to the master makers in the interpretation and implementation of specifications and requirements.
6. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
7. Perform any other task requested by direct manager/HOD.
• 3 – 4 years
• Excellent skills in 3D Softwares like JCAD, Rhino, Autocad, etc.
• Excellent knowledge about jewellery manufacturing techniques and industry standards.
Salary: 3,500 AED
Relevant Technical Qualification/ Degree
About This Company
Damas International Limited (Damas) is the Middle East’s leading jewellery and watch retailer. Headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Damas trades in gold and gold jewellery, diamond jewellery, pearls, watches, silver, and precious stones on a retail and wholesale basis, and is listed on Nasdaq Dubai under the ticker “Damas”.
The journey of the Damas Group began in 1907 when Mr. Mohammed Tawfique Abdullah, the grandfather of the Founding Shareholders, began designing, crafting and selling gold jewellery to retailers. In the late 1970s, the Damas brand was established by the Abdullah family in the United Arab Emirates, and by the end of 1985 the Damas Group had expanded into several retail stores. By 2000, the Group had established retail operations in Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Jordan. In 2002, the Group expanded its operations to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, and by 2004, the Group was operating in Egypt, Italy and India.
As of December 2011, Damas operates 297 stores in 12 countries, dispersed principally throughout the Middle East. The Group’s network of retail outlets includes subsidiaries (predominantly), plus jointly controlled entities and associates.
Leveraging its expansive network of outlets, Damas sells its own branded products, as well as other selected regional and global luxury brands.
Damas sells jewellery and watches through four main store formats, which are uniquely positioned to address different consumer segment needs. Specifically, the Les Exclusives Stores offer high-end luxury products; Semi-Exclusives Stores offer stylish and sophisticated products for the discerning consumer; and the Damas 22K and 18K Stores offer trendy, fashionable and stylish products and brands at competitive prices.