Milestone Adobe CS6 Release Delivers Major Innovations For Design, Web and Video Pros
DUBAI — April 23, 2012 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the ultimate toolkit for design, web and video professionals with the unveiling of Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 product line. Powerful new releases of 14 CS6 applications and four Creative Suites – Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium; and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection – drive home Adobe’s continued innovation across creative markets. A brand new application, Adobe Muse™ — a radical new tool that enables designers to create and publish HTML5 web sites without writing code — was also announced today.
In keeping with the digital focus for CS6, a virtual global launch event will take place on April 24th at 11am U.A.E. time. The virtual launch will highlight new features from major point products such as Adobe Photoshop® CS6, Adobe InDesign® CS6 and can be accessed via the following website: http://adobe.ly/HVqyL5
“Designers get a ton of innovation with CS6 with milestone release across all our flagship products,” said Abdallah Saqqa, General Manager Middle East and North Africa at Adobe. “With CS6 we’re also introducing new products, new mobile workflows and advanced publishing capabilities that show we are laser-focused on ensuring design, web and video pros in the Middle East have everything they need for the delivery of high-impact content and apps.”
“Adobe’s promise is to change the world through digital experiences. This release builds on our reputation as a software innovator by empowering Middle Eastern creatives with the unprecedented ability to bring their vision to life and manage how and where it is delivered to the end audience – whether on smartphones, tablets, the desktop or through traditional media,” said Joe Karkour, Business Development Manager, Adobe Systems, Middle East and North Africa. “Adobe is the world’s leading provider of HTML tools, enabling designers to work efficiently and effectively, creating across devices and platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows Mobile or Symbian.”
What’s new for the MENA audience?
The Middle East edition of CS6 features new UIs (User Interface), fonts, diacritical positioning and justification alternates that are all set specifically for the MENA region’s users. In the new UI, added icons and features retain consistency across MENA products so that users can easily find their favourite features.
Adobe has introduced two new fonts for Arabic (Myriad Arabic and Adobe Naskh), improved the existing basic font – Adobe Arabic – and also now offers an automatic Kashida insertion with greater control over the length and the style of the character. This includes justification of Arabic text, known as ‘Tatweel’. Furthermore, improved diacritical positioning tool provides enhanced control over the position of Tashkeel on Arabic text, while justification alternatives give the option to apply stylistic typographic effects to text.
CS6 also brings several bug fixes, improved text support for right-to-left languages, improved dictionaries and spell checkers for Arabic text. The Master Collection is now also available in a hybrid Middle East version for the first time.
Major CS Upgrades and All-New Muse Anchor Landmark Launch for Designers
The performance and workflow enhancements in Adobe Photoshop CS6, InDesign CS6 and Illustrator CS6 will result in significant time savings for print, web and mobile projects.
- In Photoshop CS6, designers will experience incredible performance, powered by the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine, enabling near instant results from essential editing tools, including Liquify, Puppet Warp, Transform and Lighting Effects.
- Adobe has built on Photoshop’s breakthrough Content-Aware capabilities with advanced new Content-Aware Patch and Content-Aware Move features.
- Illustrator CS6 debuts a revamped modern interface and features include a new Image Tracing Engine, Pattern Creation and Gradient Strokes. The Mercury performance system delivers speed and stability, including 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows.
- InDesign CS6 continues to blaze a trail in publishing, streamlining the creation of multiple layouts from a single set of content with new Adaptive Design Tools – Alternate Layout, Liquid Layout, Content Collector Tools and Linked
- A brand new application, Adobe Muse, a radical new tool that enables designers to create and publish HTML5 web sites without writing code, was also announced today.
Adobe Doubles-Down on HTML5 Tooling for Web Professionals
Innovative new workflows and capabilities across Adobe tools simplify the creative process for today’s web designers, developers and interactive professionals.
- Web pros can conveniently integrate HTML5 animations, created with Adobe Edge Preview, into their Dreamweaver projects, driving home Adobe’s leadership in tooling for the HTML5 web standard.
- Dreamweaver CS6 addresses the challenge of responsive web designs with the ability to build fluid grid layouts replacing the tedious manual process of creating and configuring separate CSS-based interfaces for phone, tablet and desktop.
- Through direct integration with Adobe’s recently announced PhoneGap Build service, Dreamweaver CS6 helps round out a Web professional’s skillset and enables them to produce native mobile applications for multiple platforms.
- Flash Professional CS6 users can easily translate and transition their skills to HTML5 using the Flash Professional Toolkit for CreateJS. Flash Professional CS6 also helps designers to create exciting and impactful gaming experiences and advancements include the ability to generate sprite sheets that improve workflows and performance.
- Pre-built native extensions and new packaging options, leveraging the latest Adobe Flash Player and AIR runtimes, help expand and ease app delivery to Android and iOS devices.
Production Premium CS6 Pushes Boundaries of Video Creativity
Redesigned by and for video editors, with major performance enhancements, the tools included in Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium set a new standard in professional video.
- With dozens of new features Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is the hub of any professional video workflow, featuring a sleek new editing environment. The powerful Adobe Mercury Playback Engine now supports OpenCL on MacBook Pros.
- The most significant After Effects release in a decade, After Effects CS6 is faster and more responsive than ever. With Global Performance Cache, previews are saved and ready to go— cutting the time spent bouncing between projects.
- New to Production Premium are Adobe® Prelude™ CS6, which streamlines logging and ingest workflows in post-production, and Adobe SpeedGrade, which contains powerful finishing tools for film finishing and color grading.
- Adobe Audition CS6 accelerates audio post-production: real-time clip stretching makes it simple to stretch clips to fit an edit; and Automatic Speech Alignment introduces a powerful new engine for automated dialogue analysis.
- A new 3rd party API for hardware integration – Adobe Mercury Transmit – allows broadcast video monitoring to connect directly into the Mercury Playback Engine via third-party cards from AJA, Blackmagic Design, and Matrox.
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products are scheduled to be available within 30 days. They will be available through Adobe Authorised Resellers throughout the region. For more detailed information about features, OS support, upgrade policies, pricing and international versions please visit: http://www.adobe.com/mena_en/products/creativesuite.html.
The Adobe MENA community can connect with the Adobe team and other creative professionals and enthusiasts directly on Facebook for local news, updates and promotions at http://www.facebook.com/adobemena.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.