KEO International Consultants is a highly ranked and award winning planning, architecture, engineering and project and construction management firm with offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Bahrain, Dubai, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
This is an opportunity to join KEO in the role of Design Manager with highrise building experience (50+ Floors)
Represent the firm in communications with the client on a regular basis and provide leadership and management of the design delivery and review process.
- Ensure that the design process is implemented in accordance with the contract conditions.
- Delegate design review tasks and overview the outputs by the architectural review team assigned to the specific project.
- Manage the input of specialist design review team personnel (Interiors arch, Health Planning, Equipment planners, etc) and ensure their inputs are integrated with other team members.
- Ensure that co-ordination with other design discipline review teams is carried out.
- Interface with the client to convey progress of design reviews and obtain further design briefing clarification.
- Interface with the client to manage their approvals of design packages in keeping with agreed project milestones and design programmes.
- Report regularly on the design consultants performance and highlight any areas of concern along with recommendations for corrective action.
- Report on the design consultants fulfillment of their design scope agreements and liabilities.
- Assist the project QS team in evaluating the Variation orders/concession requests submitted by the design/contractor team, for client’s approval.
- Identify the Long lead time material/design package submissions and obtain client approvals to avoid any delays to the works.
- Attend and/or Chair design review meetings/workshops with design consultants as required to ensure that their performance is in line with agreed design programmes and design briefing documents.
- Liaise with KEO site based Planning team when necessary to report on issues impacting the construction programme.
- Report regularly on any aspect of design which may present a risk to the progressive contract programme completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design, production, construction techniques, procedures, codes, and standards.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in managing a large complex project from design through construction document production and construction administration with a multi-disciplined team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive client relationship and professional firm image.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to organize, lead, and motivate people
- Mature relationship building skills.
- minimum of (15) years’ experience of broad-based architectural design experience, preferably in the region
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Professional registration.
- LEED registration or equivalent highly regarded.
- Membership of a professional Architectural association such as RIBA and/or AIA
KEO offers long term career opportunities, generous expatriate salary packages and dynamic career development opportunities. In addition, KEO provides full assistance in relocation from A-Z with a team of experienced HR professionals trained to support you and your family through any relocation process.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
About the Company
Founded in 1964, KEO delivers world-class professional design and management services.
KEO offers award winning architectural design, progressive infrastructure engineering and highly ranked project and construction management known for quality and professionalism. KEO is one of the largest AEP/PMCM firms and have consistently ranked in ENR in the top 200 International Design Firms as well as Top 20 International PM rankings 2004-2010. BD World recently ranked KEO #40 in the Top 100 Architects in the world.
KEO strives to be recognized globally and regionally as one of the finest project consultancy firms contributing to client success wherever we work.