Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be in the production department of an exhibition organiser in Dubai.
• Drive and lead the conference division with enthusiasm and passion to position it at the forefront of the industry.
• Develop a strategic plan to promote division’s revenue, profitability and growth.
• Oversee division’s operations to ensure efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources.
• Overall managerial responsibility for the Conference Division and all team leaders and producers working on conferences.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development of the conference division strategy
• Topic generation and new product development
• Responsible for the production and continuous development of all conferences
• Monitor implementation of production process for each event
• Report to Managing Director in determining, direction, goals and processes
• Coordinate and follow-up needed interactions with involved event departments
• Coordinate relationships with strategic event partners
• Track competitor events that are strategically relevant to the company
• Responsibility for the P/L of the Conference Division
• Develop and coach producers
• Demonstrating a vision for the future in line with our business plan
• Scheduling, researching and developing the plan for a whole annual cycle of events
– Success in meeting budgeted numbers of conferences
– Highlight inconsistencies in schedules
– Manage a bank of topics for quick and efficient replacements
– Consistently create and maintain competitive & SWOT analysis
• Closer ties with the sponsorship team to generate sponsorship revenue and to create new sponsorship opportunities
• Co-developing the marketing strategy for the planned cycle of events of an annual basis
– Introducing a new look and feel to the marketing collateral
– Oversee the web marketing and web placements of products
– Innovative and creative marketing campaigns
– Introduce industry specific marketing campaigns
– Introduce new media partners
– Influence the delegate sales cycle
– Any other duties commensurate to the role
Minimum Education Level:
Educated to university degree standard or equivalent
Background Knowledge & Experience
• People management
• Conducting programme and market research
• Programme development
• Speaker identification and acquisition
• Writing copy
• Researching target market
• Topic generation
• Commercial awareness
• Brand and market knowledge
• Project management experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Degree from a reputable university
• Commercially astute
• Can work independently when required
• Team player
• Decision maker
• Able to resolve conflicts
• Results driven
• Attention to detail
• Inspiring and shows enthusiasm
• Ability to handle changes
• Willing to travel
• Strong organisational skills
About the Company
Mackenzie Jones are a specialist Marketing and Sales, HR, Finance, Agency and Creative recruitment consultancy based in the Middle East. Mackenzie Jones Middle East has decades of recruitment expertise across the GCC and Levant regions. Along with a deep understanding of key market sectors, we never forget to treat clients, companies and candidates as individuals who have unique needs.
So we always listen, constantly learn, occasionally challenge – and frequently advise. It’s all part of a service renowned for its courtesy, consideration and dedication.
We’re growing rapidly because people appreciate our honesty, commitment – and results
Marketing Recruitment, Finance Recruitment, HR Recruitment, Agency and Creative Recruitment.