25 November, 2012 (UAE) – Dyson vacuums continue to evolve with the UAE launch of the Dyson DC35 Digital Slim, the most powerful lightweight cordless vacuum for every floor type. With twice the suction power of any other lightweight cordless vacuum in use and powered by the Dyson digital motor, the vacuum has anti-static carbon fibre brushes to improve fine dust pick-up from hard floors.
Carbon fibre has anti-static properties and the brushes on the Dyson Digital Slim™ reduce the build up of static charges. The brush bar also has stiff nylon brushes to pick up ground-in dirt from carpets.
“Our digital motor has taken over ten years to develop. Because of its speed – it spins five times faster than a Formula 1 car engine – it’s smaller, stronger and more efficient, making DC35 a smaller, lighter, and more powerful machine,” said James Dyson, founder of Dyson.
Dyson digital motor Dyson’s digital motors are the fastest, highest power density motors ever developed for domestic appliances.
The Dyson digital motor is small, light and energy efficient. Spinning a neodymium magnet at up to 104,000rpm, it is self-regulating to optimise efficiency. An internal microprocessor makes up to 3,300 adjustments each second to control its speed to monitor and self-adapt to vacuum airflow.
Other cordless vacuums can lose up to half their suction power in use. Batteries fade, reducing power and their filters clog with dust, blocking the airflow. With up to 15 minutes of constant power (13 minutes with floor tool attached).
Dyson’s patented Root Cyclone™ technology – condensed to fit into the machine – spins dust and dirt out of the air using centrifugal force, so there’s no loss of suction.
Dual-power mode A dual power mode allows up to 15 minutes of constant suction (13 minutes with floor tool attached). For stubborn dirt, a button can trigger 6 minutes of higher suction.
Detachable, long-reach wand A 66cm long, lightweight aluminium wand attaches directly to the machine to convert it from a handheld to slim vacuum cleaner.
Using only a 22.2V lithium-ion battery pack, the machine releases its charge evenly so there is no drop in performance. It takes just 3.5 hours to fully charge the machine, up to three times faster than other cordless vacuums. A full charge gives up to 15 minutes of power, depending on cleaning mode.
Docking station and remote charging
The Dyson Digital Slim™ vacuum cleaner can be recharged in the docking station or remotely by removing the battery from the machine.
The Dyson Digital Slim™ available at a MSRP of 1349 AED at select UAE retailers: Jumbo, Emax, Sharaf DJ, Dubai Duty Free and Galeries Lafayette.
• Carbon fibre – Carbon fibre is a strong, durable, lightweight and conductive material. The material reduces the build up of static and helps to remove fine dust. Carbon fibre has many uses including: helicopter tails, fishing rods and golf clubs. It also has anti static properties so it can also be used to protect sensitive electrical components from static damage during the assembly of computers.
• Guarantee – The machine comes with a two year parts and labour guarantee.
• Patents – There are 350 patents and patent application relating to technology used in Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners. This includes patents relating to Dyson Digital Motors – Dyson’s fastest, highest power density motors ever developed.
• Energy Star Rating – The machine’s battery charger has qualified for the Energy Star rating, due to its energy efficiency.
• Testing – The machine has been tested for over 200 hours by mechanical rigs and real people – dropping it, bashing it and generally abusing it.
• Colour – The machine is iron with a satin blue cyclone top.
• Accessories – It comes with a conductive carbon fibre brush bar, wand, docking station and separate charger, combination tool (for dusting) and crevice tool (for tight gaps and narrow spaces).
Research, design and development (RDD) is at the core of Dyson. Globally, Dyson has 1,000 engineers and scientists with expertise spanning fluid, mechanical, electrical, EMC, thermal, chemical, acoustic and software engineering. There are over 2,400 patents and patent applications for over 500 different Dyson inventions worldwide (2012).