20 August 2012 – Spikes Asia has announced the final juries; Craft, Creative Effectiveness, Branded Content & Entertainment and Integrated, who complete a world-class collective of 75 regional industry experts. Jury members will convene in Singapore during the Festival to judge entries into Spikes Asia, the regional creative advertising and communications festival for Asia Pacific, taking place 16-18 September.
- Eugene Cheong, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific – Jury President
- Ali Shabaz, Chief Creative Officer, Grey Group, SE Asia
- Eddie Wong, National Executive Creative Director, Draftfcb, China
- Jureeporn Thaidumrang, Founder & Creative Chairwoman, NudeJEH, Thailand
- Michael Ritchie, Executive Producer, Revolver Film, Australia
- Patrick Tom, Executive Creative Director, TBWA, Vietnam
- Subhash Pinnapola, Executive Creative Director, Leo Burnett, Sri Lanka
Creative Effectiveness Jury:
- Chris Thomas, Chairman and CEO BBDO Asia, Middle East & Africa, Chairman of Proximity Worldwide, BBDO Proximity, BBDO/Proximity, Global – Jury President
- Jamie McKay, Managing Partner, BWM, Australia
- Jane Lin-Baden, CRM Practice Leader, Isobar Asia Pacific, China
- Jarek Ziebinski, President, Leo Burnett, Asia Pacific
- Rob Campbell, Regional Head of Strategy, Wieden+Kennedy, Asia Pacific
- Rupen Desai, Regional President, Lowe + Partners, Asia Pacific
- Tim Broadbent, Global Effectiveness Director, Ogilvy & Mather, Global
Branded Content & Entertainment Jury:
- Michael Hilliard, Executive Producer, Finch, Australia – Jury President
- Achilles Li, Executive Creative Director, Wieden+Kennedy Shanghai, China
- Ben Heyhoe Flint, Head of Asia Pacific, Fuse, Asia Pacific
- Manisha Tripathi, Managing Partner, SMG/Liquid Thread, India
- Richard Powell, Business Director & Head of Content, BBH Asia Pacific, Asia Pacific
- Steve Back, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy & Mather, Singapore
- Tony Bradbourne, Co-Founder & Creative Director, Special Group, New Zealand
- Yuya Furukawa, Executive Creative Director, Dentsu, Japan
- Amir Kassaei, Chief Creative Officer, DDB Worldwide, Global – Jury President
- David Guerrero, Chairman & Chief Creative Officer, BBDO Guerrero, the Philippines
- Dominic Proctor, President, GroupM Worldwide, Global
- Glenn Osaki, President, MSL Group Asia, Asia Pacific
- Michael Hilliard, Executive Producer, Finch, Australia
- Morihiro Harano, Creative Director, Founder, PARTY, Japan
- Tay Guan Hin, Regional Executive Creative Director, JWT, SE Asia
- Thierry Halbroth, Executive Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup, China
- Tina Manikas, Executive Vice President, Global Retail & Promotions, Draftfcb, Global
- Yang Yeo, Chief Creative Officer, JWT, China
About the juries Philip Thomas, Chief Executive Officer of Lions Festivals, comments, “It’s really important to be launching the new Creative Effectiveness and Branded Content & Entertainment categories at Spikes Asia this year and we have got some highly regarded, key experts on these inaugural juries. They join an outstanding line-up of talent and we look forward to seeing which work these four juries decide to honour at this year’s awards.”
In addition to these members of the jury, Roy Poh, Executive Creative Director of Beautiful, Singapore, will be joining the Design jury and Karen Flynn, Managing Director of Euro RSCG Siren, Singapore, will join the PR jury due to the high increase of entry numbers in these two categories.
For any entry enquires, please contact Fiorenza Plinio at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view delegate packages and register to attend, please visit http://www.spikes.asia/attend_the_festival/festival_packages.cfm.
The Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity celebrates and inspires Asia Pacific creativity in creative communications.
Suntec Singapore, 16-18 September 2012
Building on 25 years of the illustrious Spikes Awards, the Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity is the result of a collaboration between the Lions Festivals, organisers of Cannes Lions, Dubai Lynx and Eurobest, and Haymarket, publishers of Campaign Asia Pacific. The Festival provides the region’s growing creative and advertising industry with a platform to network and exchange ideas, bringing together some of the finest creative thinkers from across the region and around the world.
Spikes Asia, attended by over 1,700 delegates in 2011, offers a challenging programme of seminars and workshops focusing on creativity and learning, exhibitions of creative work from Asia Pacific, networking events in the evening and the Spikes Asia Awards show.
The Awards, judged by leading international and regional creatives, honour the best creative work in the categories of Film, Print, Outdoor, Radio, Digital, Integrated, Direct, Promo & Activation, Media, Print Craft, Film Craft, Design, Mobile, PR, Branded Content & Entertainment and Creative Effectiveness.
Haymarket Media Group
The Haymarket Media Group established in 1957 is the largest privately-owned magazine publisher in the UK, and one of the fastest growing media companies globally. The principal business is centred around its consumer, business, professional and customer publications. These are complemented by digital platforms and live events, including extensive exhibitions, conferences and awards. The Group’s global expansion comes from wholly owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and extensive licensing of key magazines to other publishers. In Asia from their offices in Hong Kong, Mumbai and Singapore, Haymarket Media Ltd publish market-leading titles Campaign Asia-Pacific, Finance Asia, Asian Investor, CEI Asia Pacific and Campaign India. In addition Haymarket organise a number of the region’s leading industry awards and conferences relating to the communications and finance sectors. For more information about the Haymarket Media Group see www.haymarket.com.
Lions Festivals is the organiser of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and Eurobest as well as the co-organiser with its joint-venture partners of the Dubai Lynx International Advertising Festival, Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity, Festival of Asian Marketing Effectiveness and the Digital Asia Festival. The business is managed by i2i Events Group, which delivers world-class exhibitions, large scale events and festivals in key sectors including the home and gift, fashion, retail, healthcare, energy, environment, education, technology, media and creative industries. Its portfolio of world-wide events includes World Retail Congress, Spring Fair, Naidex, BVE, BETT and Pure. It prides itself on opening up possibilities for its customers and each year brings more than 250,000 decision makers together to network, source, test, buy and sell brilliant products, services, ideas and solutions. i2i Events is powered by Top Right Group, formerly known as Emap International Limited. www.i2ieventsgroup.com
Key 2012 Dates
Delegate Registration: Open
Entries: Contact Fiorenza Plinio at email@example.com
Festival Dates: 16-18 September 2012