The position will be responsible to lead, direct, and control all activities for creating advertising campaigns/concepts and media mix planning and implementation maintaining highest global creative standard for Qatar Museum (QM) and all its institutions with the objective of maintaining a high degree of awareness, engagement and advocacy within Qatar Museum’s diverse audiences
- Works with direct supervisor to identify and establish medium to short term strategic priorities and targets, in line with QM’s policies and guidelines and ensures their successful execution
- Implements initiatives that enables maximum output that fully contributes to the delivery of department goals
- Executes policies and procedures review to identify areas of improvement within own function and recommends changes leading to best-practice operations
- Develops and monitors KPIs, takes corrective actions where necessary and produces regular reports with analysis and comment on performance and results
- Understands QM and its institution positioning and identifies areas for improvement in awareness, engagement and advocacy, targeting an increase in audience (B2C and B2B) and recommends initiatives that will enhance the overall department objectives
- Develops tactical marketing programs to meet objectives
- Decides on the most appropriate public vehicles to communicate QM programs & initiatives, that will be used to support the marketing plan and ensures proper market penetration
- Plans and budgets for each event/campaign, and evaluate the outcomes
- Prepares Annual marketing plan highlighting month by month campaigns in line with the business strategy and marketing plans
- Monitors results of programs and market conditions and makes appropriate changes to meet business objectives
- Manages key external strategic relationships so that QM’s interests are met
- Builds working relationships with vendors and other 3rd parties for services required
- Attends conferences, meetings and seminars in order to remain abreast of industry trends and latest developments
- Establishes clear direction, prioritizes tasks, assigns and delegates responsibility; monitors individual performance, provides regular feedback and takes prompt action where necessary
Knowledge of media outlets including television, radio, newspapers, magazines, online aggregator, social, digital, blogs and others.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or other related field is essential.
A minimum of 8 – 10 years relevant experience heading a marketing/client serving department.
About the Company
The Qatar Museums, is in charge with the oversight and development of the national system of museums for the State of Qatar.
The QM was created in December 2005 to combine the resources of all museums in the country and to further develop their capacity for collection and preservation of historic objects. and consistent advice.