HTC One (M8) available from April 4 in major retailers across the UAE
Dubai, UAE, April 2, 2014: HTC Corporation, a global leader in innovation and design, today launched the highly anticipated HTC One (M8) smartphone during a ceremony held at Atlantis, The Palm, in Dubai. The HTC One (M8) will be available from major retailers in the UAE from April 4, priced at AED 2,749.
“With the HTC One (M8), we are taking our award-winning HTC One concept one innovative step further,” said Neeraj Seth, Head of Marketing, HTC MEA. “Our newest smartphone is the ultimate evolution of its predecessor, offering a more refined experience than ever before. The HTC One (M8) is highly intuitive and the most advanced smartphone that the industry has seen to date, with stunning design and groundbreaking features that exemplify the innovative lifestyle integration that HTC is synonymous with. We are extremely proud to reveal our newest smartphone to the UAE, and have high expectations for it in the UAE.”
Consumers who purchase the HTC One (M8) from du between 4-15 April will be entered into an exclusive draw, for the chance to win one of 10 tickets to attend the UEFA Europa League final match in Turin, Italy.
Available in Gunmetal Grey and Glacial Silver, with Amber Gold to launch at the end of April, the HTC One (M8) takes the award-winning HTC One smartphone experience to the next level. It features the all-new HTC Sense 6, with a high quality metal unibody and a Smart Sensor Hub that anticipates your needs, using Motion Launch controls to make everyday tasks easier. The HTC One (M8)’s new Duo Camera technology delivers creative, professional-looking photos and amazing effects, and HTC BoomSound once more sets new standards for audio quality on a smartphone, with sound 25% louder than the HTC One (M7) thanks to redesigned speaker chambers, a new sound profile to optimize audio output, and a new multi-band speaker amplifier to provide a more balanced sound.
The HTC One (M8) features the acclaimed HTC BlinkFeed news feed, with natural scrolling to create a smooth, more natural experience, bundling news and social feeds together to give a fuller picture of any subject. Battery optimization also means it lasts 40% longer than the HTC One (M7), with up to two weeks of standby time with the new Extreme Power Saving Mode.
Another exciting addition to the HTC One (M8) is its Fitbit integration capability, which allows everyone to take a more active interest in their activity levels to improve their health and wellbeing.
The HTC One (M8) experience is enhanced by the newly-launched HTC Dot View Cover, which combines function with form in a dual-purpose smartphone case. The HTC Dot View Cover offers instant phone access while the case is still closed, allowing users to take calls, receive email notifications, schedule reminders, weather updates and more. The HTC Dot View Cover is available in five colours: Warm Black, Imperial Blue, Orange Popsicle, Atlantis and Baton Rouge.
Additional accessories available for the HTC One (M8) include the HTC Fetch, HTC Media Link HD, and HTC BoomBass. All accessories are available from leading UAE retailers.
The HTC One (M8) will be available for AED2,749 from April 4 in major UAE retailers, including Jumbo, Emax, Sharaf DG, Jacky’s, and telecommunications companies du and Etisalat.
HTC One (M8) Specifications
– SIZE: 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
– WEIGHT: 160 grams
– DISPLAY: 5.0 inch, Full HD 1080p
– Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 801, 2.3GHzi quad-core CPU
– Android™ 4.4 with HTC Sense™ 6
– HTC BlinkFeed™
– Total storage: 16GB
– RAM: 2GB
– Expansion card slot supports microSD™ memory card for up to 128GB additional storage (card not included)
– 2G/ 2.5G – GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
– 3G – UMTS/HSPA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42Mbps
– 4G – LTE: Europe/ Middle East/ Africa: 800/900/1800/2600 MHz
– Nano SIM
– Proximity sensor
– Ambient light sensor
– Gyro sensor
– Barometer sensor
– 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
– Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptX™ enabled
– Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
– DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer,
– HTC Connect™
– micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)
– Support consumer infrared remote control
– HTC BoomSound™
– Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
– Sense Voice
– Duo camera
– Primary camera: HTC UltraPixel™ camera, BSI sensor, pixel size 2.0 um, sensor size 1/3”, f/2.0, 28mm lens
– HTC ImageChip 2
– 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video
– Secondary camera: capture depth information
– 5MP, f/2.0, BSI sensor, wide angle lens. with photos HDR capability, 1080p Full HD video recording
– Gallery with UFocus™, Dimension Plus™, Seasons, Foregrounder, Image Match
– Audio supported formats:
– Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 10)
– Recording: .aac
Video supported formats:
– Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 10), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)
– Recording: .mp4
– Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
– Digital compass
– Capacity: 2600 mAh
– Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery
– Talk time: Up to 20 hours for 3G
– Standby time: Up to 496 hours for 3G
– Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
– DC output: 5 V and 1.5 A
Founded in 1997, HTC Corporation (HTC) is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the centre of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC’s portfolio includes smartphones and tablets powered by the HTC Sense® user experience. HTC is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE: 2498). For more information, please visit www.htc.com.