Shell has been at the forefront of the natural gas industry for more than 40 years and we have an unrivalled global position in natural gas amongst private energy companies. We’re the world’s largest equity producer of liquefied natural gas and hold a leading position in the world’s key natural gas markets of Europe, Asia-Pacific and United States. As the world searches for greener forms of energy, we expect demand for natural gas – the cleanest hydrocarbon – to double over the next two decades, and are well positioned to capture growth opportunities.
The Pearl Gas to Liquids (GTL) project includes the development of offshore natural gas resources in Qatar’s North Field. Upstream, natural gas will be produced, transported and processed to produce 120,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day of condensate, liquefied petroleum gas and ethane. Downstream, dry gas will be used as feedstock to produce 140,000 barrels per day of clean, high quality GTL fuels and products.
We’re currently looking to recruit an Internal Communications Manager.
You will be accountable for:
– Working with senior leaders to build and deliver Country Business messaging utilising all available channels consistent with the overall Internal Communications Centre of Excellence (IC CoE) plan and direction;
– Ensuring all Country messaging is co-ordinated with Group messaging;
– Ensuring close integration with Group IC to support delivery of global internal communications strategy, governance, processes and capabilities;
– Managing capacity building on Leadership Communications within the organisation
– Proactively managing and influencing local Country stakeholders to support delivery; help shape demand, give strategic advice, provide tools & templates and identify resources to help run and maintain;
– Identifying integrated solutions for business issues and ensure alignment with media relations;
– Leading team of communications professionals, managing budget effectively and handling third party contracts;
– Ensure IC delivers with a commercial mindset, focused on business outcomes, prioritisation, simplification and standardisation;
– Develop, recommend and implement ideas for improvement to IC global systems and processes;
– Integrate metrics and measurement into all strategies and plans and utilise external research, and
– Develop capacity of communications staff.
You must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications related field. Candidates with Master’s Degree in related field will be preferred. You will have proven experience in internal communications with exposure to working at senior levels in an organisation.
You are creative, with strong commercial mindset, business focus and have strong interpersonal/influencing skills. You handle sensitive issues with diplomacy, and builds effective working relationships/networks across all business/functional areas.
You must have the ability to prioritise, simplify and standardise. In addition, you have the ability to identify and articulate clear insights from complex problems. You have fluent command of written & spoken English and Arabic.