- Main Duties and Responsibilities in detail;
- Provide cost effective and energy efficient Lighting Solutions for streams like Green Buildings, Manufacturing Industries, warehouses, Infrastructure Projects and Sports Facilities etc.
- Assisting in preparation of technical submittal of lighting system.
- Specifying the suitable lighting fixtures or alternatives to such specifications considering environmental conditions.
- Meeting consultants, architects and Clients for business development.
- Giving presentations and conducting workshops to promote lighting products.
- Transfer knowledge and educating on specific applications to customer with seminars and presentations
- Developing new business relationships as well as maintaining contacts with clients
- Providing budgetary estimation and project planning by doing feasibility study of a project by showing the ROI, project quality and deadlines
- Preparing lighting studies (calculations, dwg layouts, compliance statements, submittals) using various lighting calculation softwares, AutoCAD 2D as well as MS PowerPoint
Handle commercial matters such as generating quotations, discounts etc.
Liaising with factory and suppliers to ensure that the designs meet client specifications and to follow-up on the status of:
i. previous quotations
ii. Technical support they may require
iii. Post-sales product installation support ??
Required Skills include:
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work effectively work within a team.
- Skilled in communicating/presenting ones ideas to a group of industry professionals.
- Ability to draft using AutoCAD 2D
- Understanding of the construction sector (tendering process/value engineer etc.) and interplay between different stakeholders (developer, consultant, contractor, and supplier)
Preference given to candidates with:
- Experience in electrical/interior project consulting, electrical/interior contracting and/or architectural lighting design
- Familiarity with basic lamp/light sources, fixture types and lighting applications.
- Knowledge of major lighting manufacturers and the range of lighting products they offer.
- Prior experience with lighting calculation software’s such as Dialux/ Relux/AGI32
- Experience in a similar techno-commercial role such as Estimation or Procurement
Specific Skills -Experience /knowledge/ability in;
Effective Communication & negotiation skills with a wide variety of people (Written & verbal)