Support the Director of Corporate Services to develop and maintain a co-ordinated approach towards procurement and contract management for Emaar Properties PJSC seeking value for money, relationship and performance management of suppliers and offering advice on all areas of purchasing and contract management.
The Manager, Tenders & Contracts reports directly to the Director, Corporate Services.
The Manager, Tenders & Contracts supervises a team comprising of Purchase Supervisor, Purchase Executive and Admin Assistant.
The Manager, Tenders & Contracts will interact internally with Emaar employees across all levels as well as externally with Suppliers.
- Performs all other relevant tasks assigned by the Director, Corporate Services
- Ensures that contracts and consultancy agreements inclusive of payments are properly administered in accordance with standard conditions of contract and standard consultancy agreements.
- Checks, reviews and processes formal contract documents.
- Actively encourage and support the development and empowerment of people through delegation, feedback and the creation of opportunities.
- Contribute to and deliver local strategy and business plan, live the values and lead the team to achieve. Demonstrate flexibility and openness to change.
- Monitor performance, ensure SLAs and KPIs are met, and drive improvement.
- Take personal responsibility for decisions and outcomes, act with integrity and professionalism and take ownership of own development.
- Plan time and resources to ensure demand is met and exceptional customer service provided.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, deliver management information, ensure data quality and appropriately communicate information.
- Support and participate in problem and knowledge management processes – create and maintain knowledge articles.
- Ensures compliance with Emaar’s established purchasing policies & procedures and prevents abuse in line with the accepted standards. Also ensures to keeps the updated version in use by internal customers.
- Ensures that all procurements are routed as per the authority matrix set by the Management.
- Ensures Corporate Services annual operating & capital budgets are adhered to ensure cost effectiveness and competitiveness for purchasing section.
- Ensures all objectives and Key Performance Indicators are met by all subordinates in a timely manner.
- Reports work progress to the Director, Corporate Services on weekly basis and keep up to date especially with any major issues that require attention.
- Performs all other tasks assigned by General Manager, Corporate Services.
- Lead on the contract and procurement process for high value, high risk contracts/ procurement, within a range of categories to ensure best value is obtained. This includes providing professional advice and support regarding the design and preparation of specification for tenders and contracts, evaluation, drafting terms and conditions, awarding and monitoring.
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with customers and 3rd party providers to ensure that the quality of service provision are consistently managed and challenged to meet agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Effectively manage and monitor service, operating agreements and contracts in line with agreed priorities. Investigate and take appropriate action when dealing with breaches of service
- Minimum Graduate Degree in General Management or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years of experience in Purchasing and Contracts Management function in a large scale organization.
- Sound knowledge in corporate risks, credit risks, insurance and travel
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Excellent English language skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical mindset
- Ability to handle conflicts or challenging situations confidently.
- Ability to provide rational input in negotiations.
- Ability to provide coaching, feedback and on the job training when needed.
- Ability to utilize available resources effectively.