Marketing & Proposal Manager – Jeddah, KSA
HYDER CONSULTING the multi-national, engineering and design consultancy, renowned for many of the worldl’s iconic projects including the world’s tallest building – Burj Khalifa, Crystal Palace, London; Tower Bridge, London; Sydney Harbour Bridge, Australia; and Emirates Towers, Dubai has now expanded into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
An opportunity has arisen for a Marketing & Proposal Manager, based in Jeddah. Reporting to the Regional Marketing Director, you will work within a team of busy professionals to initiate the proposal management, marketing, PR and Communications functions. You will have the opportunity to coordinate and manage key functions within this busy role and develop your business career through enhanced learning by being part of a professional and skilled commercial team.
* Writing proposals and pre-qualification questionnaires for submission.
* Responsible for the production, editing, formatting, proof reading and publication of submission documents.
* Management and coordination of bid team electronic diaries; issuing prompts and reminders according to busy schedules.
* Coordination and updating workload planner within the central team.
* Monitoring and communicating tender clarifications to the bid team.
* Obtaining tender feedback (won or lost) and communicating to team.
* Monitoring and coordination of the project workflow system, making sure this is updated on a regular basis.
* Maintaining boilerplate materials in a convenient manner; cataloguing, updating and retrieval.
* Coordinating the notarisation and attestation of documents.
* Promoting best practice bidding across the business.
* Ensuring all major and strategic tenders have conformed to the bid management review process.
* Facilitation of bid meetings – chasing of identified actions.
* Ensuring the Legal Counsel has the opportunity to review the contract and that risks have been assessed and referred to Bid Manager for action.
* Ensuring that a pre-tender checklist has been undertaken and that the commercial / organisational aspects of the checklist have been referred to the Bid Manager / Director.
* Understanding and communicating Hyder’s local and global commercial strengths and best practices.
* Document control and distribution.
* Drawing up and monitoring a programme for tendering and coordinating resources that have been mobilised to meet timescales.
* Preparation of tender handover packs if successful.
* Assembling supporting information such as QA Certificates, H&S Documentation, etc. from central resource.
* Preparing, organising and editing the written and visual information to be used for internal and external communication and information purposes.
* Assisting in the development of the Communication Plan for the company on a regional basis.
* Maintaining the communication programme and guidelines; and
* Contributing to the communications strategy and goals for media relations in the Gulf, including international industry media and specialist press within the local business domain.
About the Company
Hyder Consulting is a multi-national advisory and design consultancy. We have been in operation for over 150 years, working on some of the world’s most iconic landmarks and infrastructure including the world’s tallest building in Dubai – Burj Khalifa, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Tower Bridge in London, the new Berlin airport and the Taiwan High Speed Railway.
Our international pedigree is further highlighted by our long-standing presence in our regions: we have been in business for over 150 years in Europe, 100 years in East Asia, 70 years in Australia and 45 years in the Middle East. We have built on this diversity and today 72% of our revenue comes from outside UK.
We employ around 4000 people and apply our global expertise coupled with local knowledge to create award winning solutions for the property, transport, utilities and environmental sectors.