Our Measurement Science (MSci) group provides research leadership and subject matter expertise on the application of statistical theories and foundations throughout the entire life cycle of Nielsen’s global products and services. It plays a pivotal role in developing and implementing on-going research programs, evaluating data collection methodologies, ensuring use of the latest standards of practice, and identifying cost leadership opportunities through the use of optimized designs and new methodologies.
The MSci organization is a truly global function, integrating over 1,000 measurement scientists around the world, and research is the heart of what Nielsen does! Through integrating the most important research functions across our business units, MSci provides the right balance of world class expertise with specialized product knowledge. Bringing together our Measurement Scientists not only makes for better research, it also creates a pool of professionals who are close to all our products and are a better resource for product ideation and development.
• Managing and coordinating all Measurement Science (MSci) hub teams’ communication with the countries’ stakeholders, including Managing Directors, Product Leadership, Client Service, Data Acquisition teams as well as the CSM from Global Business Services
• Active managing role in preparing countries’ Annual Roadmap Planning, assuring that the roadmaps are aligned with MSci capacity resources
• Management and prioritization of MSci work in accordance with MSci resource capacity
• Review and planning of Unbudgeted Work Orders (non-scheduled additional work requested by the client) with Global Business Services CSMs
• Participation in meetings with Managing Directors and other major stakeholders to represent the hub at local/regional level
• Provide leadership to identify and distinguish projects from BAU and to provide support in developing the relevant documentation and materials
• Provide input in employees performance evaluation, seek and promote talent with the Msci teams
• Coordinate his/her activities and planning with the Statistical Leaders and Regional Leader
• 5+ years experience of project and organizational management with proven record of successful delivery of projects on time, on budget and to scope
• Familiarity with industry standard project management best practices and general project management life cycle and processes
• The ability to manage project revenue targets and set forecast targets for financial management aspects of projects based on KPIs
• In depth understanding of Nielsen products, operations and customer perception of value together with expertise with regard to Nielsen service offerings, technical preferences, and technical direction is preferable
• Excellent high-level communication and presentation skills with the ability to adjust communication styles to target audiences, including top level management
• Excellent people management skills with the ability to handle difficult situations, using appropriate discretion, human resources acumen, and respect for the individual
• Ability to foster and encourage creativity and best practice in other projects and among department team members
• Sound business acumen with excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own and others work to meet tight deadlines
• The ability to manage expectations and stay cool under pressure
• Strong analytical and English speaking skills
About This Company
The Nielsen Company is a global information and media company with leading market positions in marketing information, television and other media measurement. The privately held company is active in more than 100 countries, with headquarters in New York, USA. The Nielsen Company provides measurement and analysis of marketplace dynamics and consumer attitudes and behavior. Clients rely on Nielsen’s market research, proprietary products, analytical tools and professional service to understand competitive performance, to uncover new opportunities and to raise the profitability of their marketing and sales campaigns. The Nielsen Company provides two major services for its Manufacturer and Retailer clients in the Region – Retail Measurement and Consumer Research.
The Nielsen Company has a strong presence in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan (MENAP) region with diversified business in FMCG, Telecom, Automobiles, Finance, Tourism and Government departments. We have more than 1300 employees working in 29 offices in 13 countries across the region. Our MENAP regional head office is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirate. For more about The Nielsen Company please visit www.nielsen.com