1 March 2018 – WARC, the international authority on advertising and media effectiveness, has today announced more judges for the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy 2018, a search for the best strategic marketing thinking that has driven results in the region.
As well as senior agency leaders, also joining the judging panel are senior marketers from global brands including Emirates, IBM, Nissan, Tetra Pak and Unilever. The jury will be chaired by Wasim Basir, Director – Integrated Marketing Communications, Coca-Cola MENA.
The additional judges named are:
- Remie Abdo – Head of Planning, TBWA\RAAD Dubai
- Jori Bindels – VP Corporate Communications, Marketing & Brand, Emirates
- Hussein M. Dajani – General Manager – Digital Marketing and Customer Experience, Africa, Middle East, India and Turkey, Nissan
- Khaled Ismail – VP Communications, Middle East & Africa Region – Tetra Pak
- Victoria Loesch – Regional Client Leadership Director, Mindshare MENA / UAE
- Jeremy Paul – Regional Strategy Director, MAGNA
- Asma Shabab – Marketing & Communications Leader, Watson Internet of Things, IBM MEA
- Pragya Sharma, Director, Marketing, Personal Care, Unilever, MENA
- Ziad Skaff – Managing Director of Hall & Partners MENA
Lucy Aitken, WARC’s Case Study Editor, says: “Strategy is integral to the success of a campaign, so it’s important to recognise and honour the best work that overcomes challenges and solves clients’ problems. This high-calibre jury are well-placed to do that and we’re looking forward to working with them.”
Now in its second year, the WARC Prize for MENA Strategy is free to enter and is open to agencies and brand owners in any marketing discipline.
As well as Gold, Silver and Bronze accolades, the Grand Prix for the best overall paper will receive USD$7,000 and three Special Awards will be presented with USD$1,000 each in recognition of specific areas of excellence:
- The Research Excellence Award for the best use of research in the development of strategic ideas.
- The Brand Rebel Award for the best example of a campaign departing from category norms.
- The Local Hero Award for the best example of a challenger brand from the MENA region using smart marketing strategy to take on bigger competitors.
The deadline for entries is 5 April 2018.