Al Futtaim Electronics one of the largest business houses in the Gulf. has been the sole distributor for Toshiba products in the UAE for over 31 years. Al-Futtaim Electronics – Toshiba has a wide range of products from state-of-the-art notebook computers to digital copiers, fax machines, consumer electronics including projections TVs, DVD players and home appliances.
In this role you willآ be responsible for:
* Negotiating with vendor on model mix based on sales plan آ آ آ
* Secure vendor support for competitive cost prices in order to protect the business interests
* Propose the annual budget for distribution of Toshiba laptops & Accessory products, in order to meet the objectives set for the Division and the Company.
* PSI management for Toshiba laptops based on vendor expectations & feasibility towardsآ top line & bottom line.آ آ آ آ آ آ آ آ آ آ
* Quarterly model wise forecast in line with vendor expectation, market demand & feasibility towardsآ top line & bottom line
* Sub- category wise planningآ آ آ آ آ آ آ آ
* Execute the product allocation across channels in order to achieve the product mix goals.آ آ
* Getting monthly orders placed for Toshiba laptops &آ accessory on Toshnet/ SAP -1st of every month.
* Getting adhoc purchased orders placed based on real time requirements & negotiations with Toshiba
* Getting SAP updated on order cancellations based on shipment cancellation informationآ
* Gettingآ goods inآ transitآ shared with financeآ at close of every monthآ
* Implement the pricing of products for various channels in order to ensure gross margins and net profits.
* Processing liquidation sheet for slow moving ageing stock (>90 days), damaged & open units in order to keep risk inventory in control.
* Analysing key features of eachآ stock keepingآ unitآ vis a vis competition
* Communicatingآ unique selling pointآ &آ unique marketingآ to sales team & sales promoters
* Ensuring proper display of Toshiba line upآ at DFC showroom
* Engaging with sales team on the models to be listed with each retailer
* Placement matrix vis a vis competition needs to be maintained
* Maintaining price & spec matrix for Toshiba & competition
* Prepare demand forecasts based on feedback from channels to aid the purchase of products from vendors
* Prepare price positioning based on distribution market and head-on competitor pricing to aid purchase of products from vendors
* Communicate the demand forecast and price positioning to vendors as a negotiating tool with vendorsآ
* Getting the price support claims formats prepared & upload of the same on Toshnet within 1 week of price correction
* Maintaining marketing claims on monthly basis & issuing a debit note on Quarterly basis
* Getting stock n sale reporting done every Sunday
* Getting customer wise sell out reporting done every Sunday
* Customer wise models wise stock report to be published every week. آ آ
* Ensure that timely and relevant reports are prepared to provide top management with an overview and facilitate decision making.
* Preparing profit for performance data every month
* Preparing MTD sales tracker every monthآ آ
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* A degree in any subject preferably Electronics or a related discipline. A post-graduate in marketing would be an advantage.
About the Company
Established in the 1930’s, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940’s and 50’s saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.