PR Officer reports directly to the GECF Secretary General, closely works with the Head, SG Office and other Department’s Heads.
1. Develops and implements PR strategy and yearly program of the GECF;
2. Builds, maintains and manages the image of the Forum;
3. Provides a high quality of documents and publications, including newsletters, bulletins, articles;
4. Prepares properly reasoned and documented responses to adverse publicity about the GECF;
5. Disseminates information regarding the GECF’s objectives, policies and decisions, using appropriate communication channels;
6. Establishes and maintains good relations with the media and other relevant institutions, both local and international;
7. Organizes and manages the press-conferences, interviews;
8. Provides media support of the major GECF meetings and events;
9. Advises the Head, Secretary General Office on the newsworthiness to be covered.
• Interesting and challenging work in international team and environment;
• Competitive basic salary;
• Allowances (including house allowance, educational grant, family allowance and etc);
• Benefits (global health insurance for employee and family members, 30 days annual leave, international holidays; best office location).
Nationality: member-countries only (Algeria; Bolivia; Egypt; Equatorial Guinea; Iran; Libya; Nigeria; Qatar; Russian Federation; Trinidad & Tobago; Venezuela);
Education: B.Sc./B.A. in Mass Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, relevant Social Sciences or Humanities
Languages: Fluent command of written and spoken English is essential; knowledge of other international languages is an advantage
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years post-qualification active experience in public relations and/or in journalism, preferably in the media, government or international organizations operating in the energy and gas related sectors.
Experience in development and execution of PR program is obligatory. Preparation of articles, press releases, speeches and other press and PR materials in English language is essential.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to establish PR activity in the Forum;
• Understanding of economic and political environment in the energy sector, especially in the gas industry;
• Good knowledge of modern information practice and techniques is essential;
• Knowledge of audio-visuals is an advantage;
• Ability to work and think independently;
• Commitment to quality work and strong attention to details.