Senior Designer required to join a well established international team. You shall be responsible for designing and leading larger hotel and F&B projects to ensure the high standard expected by the client is met by contributing to developing the design to an international level. Leading the design involves assuring deadlines and deliverables are meet to the agreed program and any variance needs to be addressed and resolved. The position expects you to contribute to the social environment and be part of creating an inspirational atmosphere.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading larger hotels and F&B projects
- Identify resources required in conjunction with the Managing Director / Design Director and plan the project in accordance to the agreed program
- If an FF&E Designer is allocated to the project, jointly develop the design and agree to the deliverables
- Monitoring the time allocation for the project and ensure that the designers attached to the project are meeting the hours allocated
- Responsible for preparation of the presentation according to the agreed scope of work, including handling perspectives
- Presentation to the Client and following prepare minutes of meeting if required
- Responsible for all project correspondence as the clients point of contact
- Ensure that the project budgets are considered and review comments during the project period
- Responsible in conjunction with the Studio to ensure coordination with all other Consultants connected to the project
- Identify resources required in conjunction with the Managing Director / the Associate, Studio and plan the project in accordance to the agreed program
- Responsible for the details and information required for the drafting / documentation as per client standards
- If required identify with the Associate, Studio, the Detail Designer for the project and together develop the design and deliverables
- Review drawing issued (redlining) and in coordination with the Associate, Studio address and resolve any coordination /clarification required
- Responsible in conjunction with the FF&E Designer for ensuring the total FF&E Package is issued
- Responsible in conjunction with the Associate, Studio and FF&E Designer for responding to all tender queries during Client / Operator review and the tender period
- Review the drawing and specification package with Associate, Post-Contract and provide control samples
- Provide assistance to the Associate, Post-Contract during the Tender and the Construction phase if and when required and within the given responding period of the RFI
- Visit the project during construction and in agreement with Post-Contract
- Responsible for, if required, assessing the project in agreement with the Managing Director / Associate, Post-Contract
Qualification – BA Honour Degree or similar in Interior Design/Textile Design
- Follow the market and future trends within our industry and in collaboration with Management and colleague ensure the client is at the forefront
- Implement the strategy of all divisions maintaining and developing the design philosophy constantly striving to elevate the client at an international level
- Social Interaction
- Contribute to the social environment and be part of creating an inspirational atmosphere
- Participate or suggest work related activities or ‘creative’ research / brainstorming events
- Assist Management to ensure that the client is promoted worldwide through networking, events, press and publications
- Assist Management to develop and future existing Client relationships
- Assist Management to ensure that your projects have been photographed, text is written and technical information is prepared in the clients presentation format
- Assist and ensure that the design presentations of your projects are transferred into the clients presentation format and have been added to the project lists
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.