Copy will have the ability to revamp the verbal tone of all touchpoints including websites, prints, advertising campaigns, and others. Responsibilities include developing effective concepts designed to fulfil clearly articulated strategic communications objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a marketing & communication strategist for Spark*’s clients and in-house marketing initiatives.
- Provide creative conceptualization (i.e., idea development) for Spark*’s clients and in-house marketing initiatives.
- Provide creative direction and oversight for Spark*’s clients and in-house marketing initiatives.
- Assist new business development efforts and participating in prospect pitches.
- Writing and editing original copy for multiple media (i.e., print, digital and broadcast channels) and multiple applications (advertising, marketing collateral, presentations, interactive applications, etc.).
- Apply research from marketing studies and behaviourist research.
- Act as strategic support to the Creative Director defining and influencing client strategy.
- Possess strong conceptual, copywriting and visualizing ability that can easily be translated to presentations for clients.
- Provide general management of the company’s creative team, including coordinating project management with account managers and traffic coordinator, developing talent, fostering collaboration and teamwork, and other duties asassigned.
- The ability to develop a creative brief articulating the key elements ofthe creative direction by supervising execution of copy, content, art, and design throughout all phases of project development.
- The Senior Copywriter also works closely with the Account Managers to make sure the client’s needs are being met and the creative goals are on track. She/He develops every aspect of various projects based on the clients marketing plans keeping track of budgets and deadlines.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Contribute to the growth of creative services.
- Contributes and engages in new business pitches and presentations.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of Spark*, and that advance our management strategy.
- Develop new business initiatives.
- Participate/lead in new business pitch development and/or presentations.
Writing & Oral
- Ability to edit and direct copy
- Excellent oral and written English communication, grammar and public speaking.
- Define working relationships.
- Formulate training agreements to maximize service offering.
- Management of profitability goals.
- Manage, mentor and train Creative staff to maintain employee retention and quality standards.
- Manage performance reviews, and goal setting for direct reports.
- Establish professional development plans for team members.
- Act as backup to Creative Director in the development and delivery of engaging presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Build and manage team of designers, creating company cultures that support and value creativity.
Education,Experience, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communication arts or design.
- 8-11 years related experience in an agency.
- At least 2 years experience motivating and leading teams.
Spark* changes everything. As a full-service communications firm, we offer the right combination of strategic skills, creative brainpower, and client services – tools that we use to craft strategically inspired solutions that connect you to your audience.
We see research and planning as the key starting point for any project. We set the goals and milestones of any project by taking in to consideration your budget, market and requirements. Promising you results that will drive your business forward.
As a fully integrated communications solutions provider, Spark* offers more than just above or below-the-line solutions. In fact, we have done away with the line and adopted the circle. One that promises 360o solutions, complete support and a continuous and stable relationship. Because after all, what goes around does come around.
Our services include a full suite of strategic and creative solutions focused on integrated offline and online communications strategies.