To manage and lead audit assignments and reviews and recommend objective opinion for Senior Management in order to independently appraise business processes and activities and evaluate alignment of activities with company goals, risks management and effective and economical use of company resources.
1. Process Management
- Provide input to the development of the annual and long term Internal Audit Plan by assessing and prioritizing risks both within individual business areas and at a corporate level in order to ensure that audit efforts and resources are focused on areas of higher risk.
- Obtain background information, knowledge and understanding of overall business process for identification of key risks, preparing detailed audit scope and detailed work program in line with the Audit Plan.
- Plan and complete field work in line with the Audit Plan and audit program within planned resources.
- Manage and control internal and external resources allocated to the assignment for execution of the assignments in coordination with business units.
- Propose and, after adequate approval, execute appropriate qualitative/ quantitative tests and evaluate system of internal controls during audits to achieve audit scope.
- Maintain proper filing for working papers and record notes to report and document the results of field work in order to support findings.
- Develop audit findings and recommendations and discuss findings with auditees to achieve agreement or understand their concerns on corrective actions. Prepare draft report and recommend an audit opinion on adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls to manage risks.
- Conduct regular follow-up exercises with relevant stakeholders to review status of agreed actions to provide assurance to functions and ARCC.
- Where applicable manage and supervise the process of co-sourcing the Internal Audit activities and/ or supervise, review and monitor audit assignment performed by Internal Auditors and/ or auditors from co-source service providers.
- Train other new auditors as required, including UAE nationals being developed.
- Provide support for assigned non-core internal audit services such as review of new/ amended policies and procedures and supporting other Management initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with established Internal Audit manual and make recommendations for improvement, if necessary.
- Conduct work in accordance with the established policies and procedures including the established HSE and code of business conduct.
2. Monitoring and Control
- Develop and maintain ongoing reporting to the Head of Internal Audit/ Director Internal Audit or other bodies as requested and deemed necessary
- Review and evaluate the performance of consultant or auditors engaged from external firms.
3. Standards and Best Practices
- Maintain professional standards of work; keep current with Internal Audit best practices. Maintain sufficient general knowledge of overall company’s procedures, policies and objectives in order to more efficiently identify potential risk areas.
- In the performance of duties, the Senior Internal Auditor has the authority to access company information, and is expected to exercise discretion and ensure appropriate safekeeping and confidentiality of all such information received.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering
- Post graduation certification or Professional qualification (CIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or AICPA, etc.)
- 8 years experience in audit function
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Ability to use MS Office
- Must be able to adapt to assignments of non-routine and non-repetitive nature in different business activities
- Excellent leadership, communications and interpersonal skills
- Academic qualification in Nuclear Energy
- 3 years in the Energy and or oil & Gas Sector
- Good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)