About the Business:
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world’s largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow At IKEA “creating a better everyday life for the many” isn’t only our vision, it’s our way of life
About the Job:
In this role you will be responsible for:
– Providing excellent customer service
– Processing transactions quickly and accurately
– Advising customers
– Winning sales to meet targets
– Maintaining eye-catching effective displays within the store
– Taking pride in your store and maintaining it to a high standard
– Following operating procedures
– Providing customers with an enjoyable shopping experience
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
– Customer service skills
– Excellent communication and negotiation skills ideally in multiple languages
– Familiarity with computer use
– Good presentation and excellent personal organisation
– A passion for the retail industry
– Comfort with shifts
– Comfort with physical work
– Ability to work in a team
– Pride in achieving individual targets
– Flexibility and punctuality
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.