LBi is a global marketing and technology agency blending strategic, creative, media and technical expertise to build business value. We help companies of all shapes and sizes decide what’s next
for their business – and then we take them there.
We define and execute transformational digital strategies for our clients. Across our 24 offices in 16 countries, there are more than 2,000 digital specialists collaborating with brands to enrich people’s lives via service design, branded content, mobile, CRM and social media. We also set the pace in digital display, search affiliate marketing, usability and analytics.
There are many things that make LBi unique,
but if we had to choose one it would be our ability to bring together diverse teams of experts to suit any brief. We call this blending, and it’s the reason why all types of organisations – from famous global business to disruptive start-ups – choose LBi to help make their brands desirable wherever, whenever and however people choose to engage with them.
Today’s customers expect more from brands
than ever before. They look behind promises, seeking out content and services that makes those promises real. They expect constant innovation from the brands in their lives, rewarding those that deliver and punishing those that don’t.
We work with all types of organisations – from famous global brands to disruptive start-ups; from healthcare giants to entertainment firms; from those still plugging in their computers to those at
the bleeding edge of technology. But what unifies all of our clients is a belief that mastering digital content and services is essential to success. Doing all this stuff is difficult and it
takes a special culture and skillset to get it right. We call it blending and it’s central to everything we do.
2. Reason for Role
The role of the Social Media Relations Manager is to manage the successful delivery of all social activity, running the team that delivers the key components of social media campaigns – in conjunction with our social media strategy team who manage key client relationships, strategy and planning. The role will also have
responsibility for ensuring processes are in place to ensure that all social media deliverables meet our exceptionally high standards and are delivered on time and on budget.
types of delivery will include but not be limited to, ambassador programmes, global, regional and local toolkits, governance, blogger outreach and relationship management, social search activity (social activity that has a significant SEO benefit), community management, social media audits and strategy, buzz management and creative programmes and reporting
On a day
to day basis you will be expected to:
- Run portfolio to a required level of profitability for all clients / projects in social media relations portfolio
- Accurately and effectively deliver the components of social media campaigns, such as blogger outreach, social search activity, community management, social media audits, social media content creation, social media reporting and buzz monitoring, among others
- Set up, improve, monitor and manage social media processes to improve the quality of work delivered
- Educate the wider team in the process of working with the social media delivery team, including setting and monitoring SLAs
- Drive increased cross sells and up sells from the team and the wider account management teams
- Take new business briefs from the business and direct from clients and deliver proposals and revenue
- Provide tactical social media delivery as required.
- Act as an effective point of escalation for clients
- Work with the Social strategy team to deliver components of social strategies for key clients.
- Develop the team to ensure capabilities within all the required areas of expertise.
- Be a great and inspiring team leader
You will also be responsible for managing our learning and development initiatives which will require you to
- Provide guidance to others to facilitate knowledge growth.
- Responsible for own personal development goals and demonstrating commitment to ongoing learning.
- Responsible for continual development of expertise product offering.
- Coach and develop other team members and colleagues, acting as a source of knowledge and guidance.
- May be responsible for outlining L&D objectives for other team members.
- Responsible for supporting team-training plan.
- Seek to mentor colleagues outside of the team on expert knowledge.
- Present at internal development and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Present to department on client case studies, market trends, etc.
- Support internal knowledge share through training, coaching or document development
Desired Skills & Experience
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure
- Pro-active and confident with a great eye for detail
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how they can be deployed strategically
- Experience leading projects to successful deployment
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format to board level
- Team leader, with experience of managing and motivating teams working in volatile, high-pressure, situations
- Great technical understanding with the ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- A good level of general industry knowledge including a genuine understanding of SEO, PR and Advertising fundamentals
- In-house and agency experience of delivering social media programs
- Great project management skills including planning and scheduling and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple social projects
- Have developed, evolved and implemented successfully delivery processes for social media campaigns
- The ability to work effectively with individuals from all departments and at all levels of the business – building and maintaining relationships across the company and its partners
- The ability to credibly communicate the importance and reach of social media internally and to clients
- Have built and delivered an internal knowledge development program including training, coaching and content creation
Descriptor: LBi is a global marketing and technology agency, blending, strategic, creative, media and technical expertise to create business value. Why do we exist? In this always-on, hyper-connected digital world in which we live, the relationship between people and brands is constantly changing. Today’s customers expect more from brands than ever before. They look behind promises, seeking out content and services that makes those promises real. They expect constant innovation from the brands in their lives, rewarding those that deliver and punishing those that don’t. This is why we think businesses need a special kind of agency to partner with them. One that has the strategic, creative, media and technology credentials to make their brands desirable wherever, whenever and however people choose to engage with them. At LBi we help companies of all shapes and sizes decide what’s next for their business … and then we take them there. We’re expert at navigating the digital landscape to help add value, richness and fun to people’s lives in a way that makes brands irresistible. We work with all types of organisations – from famous global brands to disruptive start-ups; from healthcare giants to entertainment firms; from those still plugging in their computers to those at the bleeding edge of technology. But what unifies all of our clients is a belief that mastering digital content and services is essential to success.