This position will be responsible for identifying and supporting alternate sourcing opportunities from low cost high quality markets. The successful candidate will be expected to support engineering teams with QA/QC, product qualifications, resolution of non-conformities and supplier pre-qualification and audits. This is a support role and is expected to work closely with business in achieving agreed performance objectives.
- Identify and support alternate sourcing opportunities especially from low cost high quality markets assuring that EnQuest key values are represented in contract and supply chain negotiations
- Sourcing responsibility for upstream production and wells equipment (like drilling, completions, OCTG, cementing, coiled tubing, well testing, ESPs, valves, line pipe, oilfield chemicals, drill bits, liner hangers, subsea equipment, consumables, gauges, switchgear, pumps, cables, pipe supports etc)
- Gather, analyze and present market intelligence for assigned categories to business
- Continuous involvement in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Evaluate supplier performance from a technical, manufacturing, and quality assurance standpoint in cooperation with the applicable departments
- Ensure local supplier pre-qualifications and on-site audits are performed as per process
- Responsible for supplier performance management including regular performance reviews together with business
- Support supplier tendering and participate in supplier negotiations
- Assist in the supplier approval process by gathering intelligence on manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health and Safety risks.
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Regularly communicate with relevant internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
- Supports sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply for all portfolios
- Builds strong relationships with internal stakeholders in order to meet defined objectives
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce waste from assigned tasks
- Collaborative and team player with strong communication skills
- Good analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems
- Technically detail-oriented
- Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Some experience in strategic sourcing, QA/QC or category management
- Commodity management experience including contracting and supplier development
- Worked in Oil & Gas (Either with Operator or services company)
- Successfully sourced from low cost / emerging markets
- Experience with upstream production & wells equipment
- Knowledge & experience of relevant British Standards and API codes
- Educated to degree level preferably in Engineering, Procurement Supply Chain or Business Management
Engineering, Procurement Supply Chain or Business Management