The results of The Gunn Report 2013 are now available in full at www.gunnreport.com
Highlights from the 2013 Report include:
The Most Awarded Commercials in The World in 2013
Metro Trains • Dumb Ways to Die (McCann Melbourne) triumphs in the Film table and also takes first place in Digital, second place in All Gunns Blazing and third equal place in Print. The most awarded campaign in the history of The Gunn Report.
2. Southern Comfort • Whatever’s Comfortable – Beach (Wieden+Kennedy, New York)
3. Carlton Draught • Beer Chase (Clemenger BBDO (Melbourne)
4= Axe • Susan Glenn (BBH, New York)
4= Leica M Monochrom Camera • Soul (F/Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi)
The Most Awarded Print Ads & Campaigns in The World in 2013
1. Expedia Travel • Luggage Labels campaign (Ogilvy & Mather, London)
2. Harvey Nichols Sale • Pelicans (Y&R Dubai)
3= Coca-Cola • #Cokehands (Ogilvy & Mather, Shanghai)
3= Metro Trains • Dumb Ways to Die (McCann Melbourne)
3= The Sunday Times Rich List • Rich List 2013 pool (CHI & Partners, London)
The Most Awarded Digital in The World in 2013
1. Metro Trains • Dumb Ways to Die (McCann Melbourne)
2. Nike+ Fuelband • Nike+ Fuelband (R/GA, New York)
3. Adidas Neo • Window Shopping (TBWA\Helsinki)
4= Google / Lego • Build With Chrome (M&C Saatchi/Mark (Sydney)
4= The JFK Presidential Library & Museum • Clouds Over Cuba (The Martin Agency, Richmond VA)
The Most Awarded All Gunns Blazing in The World in 2013
1. Hemoba/Vitoria FC • My Blood Is Red & Black (Leo Burnett Tailor Made, São Paulo) – the most awarded campaign ever in All Gunns Blazing.
2. Metro Trains • Dumb Ways to Die (McCann Melbourne)
3. Nike+ Fuelband • Nike+ Fuelband (R/GA, New York)
4. Sports Clube de Recife • Immortal Fans (Ogilvy Brasil, São Paulo)
5. Samsung Life Insurance • The Bridge of Life (Cheil Worldwide, Seoul)
The Most Awarded Campaigns Across Tables 1 – 4 in 2013
1. Metro Trains • Dumb Ways To Die
2. Hemoba/Vitoria FC • My Blood Is Red & Black
3. Nike+ Fuelband • Nike+ Fuelband
4. Dove • Real Beauty Sketches
5. Australian Defence Force • Mobile Medic
The Most Awarded Countries in The World in 2013
2. Australia break the 1 – 2 stranglehold that USA and UK have had for last 14 years.
The Most Awarded Advertisers in The World in 2013
Either Nike or Volkswagen has topped the table every one of The Gunn Report’s 15 years. This year it was Nike’s turn.
3. Axe / Lynx
The Most Awarded Production Companies in The World in 2013
First time at the top of the Table for Biscuit Filmworks (London, New York, LA)
2. Paranoid (Los Angeles, São Paulo)
3. MJZ (London, LA, New York)
4. Rattling Stick (London, Los Angeles)
5. Henry de Czar (Paris)
The Most Awarded Director in The World in 2013
Southern Comfort “Beach” (amongst many others) Director, Tim Godsall, is a clear winner.
2. Ringan Ledwidge (UK, USA)
3= Julian Frost (Australia)
3= Tom Kuntz (USA)
5= Steve Ayson (Australia, NZ, Thailand)
5= Marcos Kothar (Brazil)
The Most Awarded Agency in The World in 2013
A first time tie for first place – Wieden+Kennedy (Portland, New York) (who topped the table last year) and McCann (Melbourne) (first time in Top 50 table)
3. AlmapBBDO (São Paulo)
4. Ogilvy Brasil (São Paulo) (highest ever ranking)
5= BBH (London)
5= Clemenger BBDO (Melbourne & Sydney) (highest ever ranking)
The Most Awarded Agency in Digital in The World in 2013
Second time at top for R/GA (New York)
2. Forsman & Bodenfors (Gothenburg)
3. McCann (Melbourne)
4= AlmapBBDO (São Paulo)
4= Wieden+Kennedy (Portland, New York)
The Most Awarded Agency Network in The World in 2013
Rankings 1 to 4 are the same for the fourth year in a row but in a slightly different order. BBDO top the table for the eighth year straight.
4. Leo Burnett
5. McCann (highest ever ranking)
The Guest Editor for 2013 was Tony Granger, Global Chief Creative Officer of Y&R. He contributed his own personal commentary on The Report and chapters on the most awarded work in the Film, Print, Digital and All Gunns Blazing tables as well as being involved in making the final selections for The Showreel of The Year.
The tables in full, along with commentaries and all the winning work (as well as the 100 commercials appearing on the Showreel of The Year) are available to view at The Gunn Report online – www.gunnreport.com.
The book of The Gunn Report & Showreel of The Year 2013 will be available in mid- March and will include the results of The Gunn Report for Media 2013. It can be pre-ordered online now.