Dubai, 12 October 2011: As visionaries in innovation and customer-centric services, Etisalat announced today the launch of ‘eLife TV’, the UAE’s most advanced television and video services. Senior executives of the company showcased the next-gen service at a press conference held during GITEX 2011, on Etisalat’s stand in Zabeel Hall at Dubai World Trade Centre.
Delivered on Etisalat’s high-speed fiber-optic network, eLife TV will offer its customers interactive, cutting-edge television experience through the most robust and feature-rich service available in the country. eLifeTV is made available within the corporation’s flagship ‘eLife’ Triple Play (Fixedline, Internet and TV) fiber-based residential broadband services. Starting with the completion of fiber-optic roll-out in Abu Dhabi, making it the world’s first fiber-connected capital city, Etisalat will soon connect all residences in the UAE.
At launch, nearly 100,000 homes are enjoying the new eLife TV service. eLife set top boxes were automatically upgraded to present eLife customers with eLife TV’s new superior menu and many added features.
Customers will enjoy exciting new features at existing eLife introductory prices and bundles such as, some of which are highlighted below:
1. On Demand (Video on Demand): At launch, eLife TV offers the largest library in UAE with a choice of over 650 of the latest Hollywood, Arabic and Bollywood 3D & High Definition (HD) movies and series, classified by genre and searchable by different criteria, available on demand. To provide customers access to huge quality video content, Etisalat has tied-up with major Hollywood, Indian and Arab studios such as 20th Century Fox, Paramount Pictures Global / DW (Netherlands) B.V. The Walt Disney Company Limited, Warner Bros., Eros Worldwide FZ LLC, Yash Raj Films, Shemaroo Entertainment Pvt Limited, ABS-CBN, PTCL, ACPD and more.
2. Catch-Up TV: Allows viewers to go back in time and watch the broadcast programme up to one week old, with or without the Recorder Set Top Box.
3. Recorder or PVR is a TV Set Top Box that has a built-in hard-drive capable of recording. It records: 1) Automatically on the channel being viewed, 2) On clicking the red record button, 3) By scheduling a program for recording later.
Outlining the future of eLife TV, Matthew Willsher, Chief Marketing Officer, Etisalat, said: “Etisalat has been a pioneer in the world of telecoms and entertainment, providing rich content to TV viewing customers in the UAE for over 11 years. Over the years, we have keenly listened to our customers and enriched their home entertainment as per their changing lifestyles.”
“Our customers today desire more interaction, more choice and more control in the way they watch TV. Through eLife TV, we are introducing an extensive TV service that will present new opportunities for information and communications to every individual. It offers them advanced entertainment options through personalized, easy-to-use and convenient TV and video services,” he added.
Highlighting the enhanced TV experience, Rashed Al Abbar, Vice President – Home Products, Etiaslat said, “With Etisalat eLife TV, customers will not only benefit from attractive price packages, but also the UAE’s highest number of HD channels and on-demand movie library. Rich features such as ‘Catch-up TV’ allows customers to see replays of programmes aired up to one week ago. Alternatively, viewers can record programmes on their set-top boxes and watch it anytime as per their convenience. All this means that our customers never have to miss their favorite episodes or TV shows again.”
Etisalat’s customers can subscribe to eLife TV services through attractive introductory offers on eLife triple play services. Etisalat’s existing TV customers planning to migrate to eLife triple play services benefit with reduced monthly subscriptions for the first three months. New customers can enjoy the first month for free along with free installation upon signing up for any of eLife’s service packages.
eLife TV through Triple Play: Existing Introductory offers
Master (8 Mbps): Regular 339, First 3 months: 244 for Migrations, Free for new customers
Premier (16 Mbps): Regular399, First 3 months 304 for Migrations, Free for new customers
Max (30 Mbps): Regular 539, First 3 months 404, Free for new customers
Every account comes with a choice of Basic TV Packages (Western, Arabic or Asian) included, additional Basics are only AED 20 each.
OSN MOVIES PLUS 219
e-PEHLA BASIC 79
OSN FAMILY PLUS 205
e-PEHLA SILVER 153
OSN PLATINUM EXTRA 325
e-PEHLA GOLD 223
OSN PREMIER PLUS 245
e-FIRSTNET BASIC 79
OSN PINOY PLUS 99
e-FIRSTNET PREMIUM 169
OSN PINOY WEST 139
eLife TV offers over 350 TV channels in 21 languages, ranging from sports to movies, from documentaries to music and kid’s channels in addition to over 30 high definition (HD) channels. The comprehensive entertainment offerings include 15 Premium TV packages from all the major TV providers such as OSN, ART, Pehla, Firstnet, TFC, Pinoy, Abu Dhabi Media, Dubai Media Inc., Al Jazeera and many more, in addition to the Choice Basic Packages and eLife OnWeb service.
Etisalat also offers free eLife TV exclusive channels on all packages including:
1. e-junior, the exclusive UAE kids channel from Etisalat, offering pre-school, cartoon, live action and movies on channel number ‘300’
2. e-masala, showcases Asian movies, soaps, lifestyle and music shows on channel number ‘600’.
For more information on eLife Triple Play service and eLife TV, customers can call 101 or visit www.etisalat.ae/elife for more information.
Additional benefits and features of eLife TV services are mentioned below:
1. Broadcast TV Channels: Includes High Definition TV with Fast Channel Change and Radio/ Music service.
2. Electronic Program Guide (EPG) On-screen graphic and text information that provides a sneak preview into programme highlights and timings of over 250 channels. The EPG facilitates channel navigation as well as pre-setting of recording of programs.
3. Pause TV feature for “pausing” any live TV channel; Recording via EPG; Trick-play for fast forwarding, rewinding or playback of a recording or Video on Demand title; as well as setting of a tag or “mark” where a video view is stopped through Bookmarking.
4. Mosaic TV channels for viewing up to 16 TV channels simultaneously on one TV channel screen; Search and Recommendation Engines for a TV viewer to find what is available or desired amongst hundreds of channels of TV and thousands of programs in both, live TV and Video on Demand library.
5. Multiple User Profiles for each person in the house to maintain and access their “user” profile for their individual TV use preferences and Personal Favorites that allows various users to enter their own personal list of channels for browsing skipping unwanted channels.
6. Picture-in-Picture: that allows dual viewing or browsing of other channels before fully changing to the smaller screen channel.
7. Games on TV for playing games using the remote control.
8. Parental Control with Pin code entry: An important tool for parents to designate channels and videos that their children can access and watch.