The foundation of Al-Futtaimâ€™s retail network was established in the early 1990s with the launch of the internationally renowned and popular IKEA, Marks & Spencer, Toys R Us and ACE franchises in the UAE.
Representing some of the worldâ€™s most popular international brands, Al-Futtaimâ€™s retail network extends throughout the UAE, GCC and North Africa and has a significant presence in Singapore and Malaysia following the acquisition of The Robinson Group in 2008.
In 2012, Al-Futtaim acquired a shareholding in Royal Sporting House, which is active in distribution, direct retail stores and shop-in-shops. The Singapore-based fashion, sports and lifestyle retail giant has 600 stores and many additional points of sale are spread around the world with over 399 in South East Asia, over 74 in the Middle East and over 126 in the South Pacific region.
- 837 stores in 18 countries
- Occupies 5.6 million sq. ft. of retail space
- 13,000 employees
- Serves 30 million customers each year
Marks and Spencer
About Marks &Spencer Al-Futtaim
A meMDer of the Al-Futtaim Group of companies since 1998, the Marks &Spencer Al-Futtaim franchise partnership boasts 27 stores located in the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon and Qatar.
The stores offer an extensive range of stylish, high quality clothing products for the whole family, across each category â€“ womenswear, lingerie, menswear and kidswear. M&S also offers beauty and home products, as well as outstanding quality food.
M&S stores are present in:
- UAE: Dubai Festival City, Mall of the Emirates Dubai, Deira City Centre, Mirdif City Centre Dubai, The Dubai Mall, Wafi City Mall Dubai, Al Ghurair Mall; Abu Dhabi- Marina Mall, Fetouh Al Khair Mall, Dalma Mall; Al Ain- Bawadi Mall; RAK-Al Manar Mall.
- Qatar: Landmark Mall, Villaggio Mall;
- Kuwait: The View, The Avenues, 360 Mall;
- Bahrain- Bahrain City Centre; Seef Mall
- Oman: Muscat City Centre;
- Egypt: Dandy Mall, City Stars, Cairo Festival City, Alexandria City Centre;
- Jordan: Taj Mall, Galleria Mall
- Lebanon: Beirut City Centre
In addition to this impressive list, Dubai Festival City, one of the M&Sâ€™s largest international store features the new-look format with exciting fashion and food displays to make the store more inviting, inspiring and easier to shop. For more information, please visit www.marksandspencer.ae
We are looking ro recruit a Visual Assistant to join our Marks & Spencer team in our store in Doha, Qatar. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Accurately implement all company Visual Merchandising policies.
- Implement easy to shop store grids.
- Use the appropriate product handing techniques on different types of equipment.
- Implement well styled mannequins in line with the styling policy.
- Implement window display guidelines on time and on brand.
- Be aware of key business information e.g. sales information, store and company best sellers, weekly selling and marketing news and identify potential sales opportunities.
- Have a good understanding of the brand customer profile and how it may differ slightly between stores.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of equipment and ensure its correct usage.
- Ensure dÃ©cor is procured when appropriate and implement in line with dÃ©cor policy and guidelines.
- Assist implement seasonal launches and events on time and on brand.
- Be aware of both store and company best sellers.
- Have an awareness of competitor activities and trends within Visual Merchandising.
- Work effectively and communicate regularly with store colleagues and VM Manager to ensure brand consistency.
- Deliver great standards of service to customers.
- Be prepared to work both on your own and as part of a team.
- VM checklist to be maintained and adhered to.
- Liaise with the Store Managers everyday for updates on VM processes / requirements / people
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree or a diploma in interior design, fine arts or other related area of study from an accredited institution.
- Ability to identify business opportunities and develop solutions
- Good English communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous merchandising experience is an advantage
About the Company
Established in the 1930’s, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940’s and 50’s saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.