1. Assist the VM Manager & Team Leader in conceptualizing and finalizing the designs and plans.
2. Implementing the designs and plans created by the visual merchandising manager and the Marketing team which may involve work such as lifting, carrying and climbing ladders.
3. Assisting team leader in sourcing materials/props.
4. Following the company display guidelines
5. Ensuring all store’s are following the company display guidelines
6. Store visits on a daily basis
7. Installing and dismantling displays
8. Coordinate with the shops and all concerned managers for all the visual merchandising requirements
9. Take part in market visits to ensure we are keeping up with competitors
10. Setting up a ‘model’ or ‘mock’ displays in-store according to the company’s latest design directives, and then photographing the displays in order to create a visual merchandising pack to send out to other stores (to ensure consistency with the company brand and image)
11. Set up events for all brands
1. Preparing for promotional events.
2. Working within deadlines given by your manager.
3. Giving feedback to head office and liaising closely with manager and buyers.
4. Creating reports in PowerPoint – showing any merchandising done by you and the team.
5. Attended monthly meetings with manager.
6. Present reports on latest local and global trends in Jewellery VM.
• 2-3 years
• Excellent Communication skills
• High level of creativity.
• Display Initiative & time management.
• Good PC Skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Good organizing skills.
• Basic photography skills.
• Valid Driving license.
Salary: 4500- 6000 AED
Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Visual Merchandising
About This Company
Damas International Limited (Damas) is the Middle East’s leading jewellery and watch retailer. Headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Damas trades in gold and gold jewellery, diamond jewellery, pearls, watches, silver, and precious stones on a retail and wholesale basis, and is listed on Nasdaq Dubai under the ticker “Damas”.
The journey of the Damas Group began in 1907 when Mr. Mohammed Tawfique Abdullah, the grandfather of the Founding Shareholders, began designing, crafting and selling gold jewellery to retailers. In the late 1970s, the Damas brand was established by the Abdullah family in the United Arab Emirates, and by the end of 1985 the Damas Group had expanded into several retail stores. By 2000, the Group had established retail operations in Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Jordan. In 2002, the Group expanded its operations to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, and by 2004, the Group was operating in Egypt, Italy and India.
As of December 2011, Damas operates 297 stores in 12 countries, dispersed principally throughout the Middle East. The Group’s network of retail outlets includes subsidiaries (predominantly), plus jointly controlled entities and associates.
Leveraging its expansive network of outlets, Damas sells its own branded products, as well as other selected regional and global luxury brands.
Damas sells jewellery and watches through four main store formats, which are uniquely positioned to address different consumer segment needs. Specifically, the Les Exclusives Stores offer high-end luxury products; Semi-Exclusives Stores offer stylish and sophisticated products for the discerning consumer; and the Damas 22K and 18K Stores offer trendy, fashionable and stylish products and brands at competitive prices.