About the Business:
Marks & Spencer, part of Al Futtaim Retail, is a globally recognised retail brand offering stylish, high quality, great value clothing and home products as well as outstanding foods.With 14 Stores currently located across the GCC including locations in the UAE, Oman, Egypt, Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar there is further growth planned with an additional four stores to open in 2012 to further strengthen this exciting brand within the Middle East market.
About the Job:
We are looking ro recruit a Visual Merchandiser to join our Marks & Spencer team. Reporting to the Area Visual Merchandiser, you will be responsible for:
– Implementing and maintaining the M&S brand image within the store, ensuring visual consistency.
– Providing customers with the most inspirational shopping experience possible.
– Maintaining effective communication with store colleagues and the RVM / Manager VM.
– Accurately implement all company Visual Merchandising policies.
– Implement easy to shop store grids
– Use the appropriate product handing techniques on different types of equipment.
– Implement well styled mannequins in line with the styling policy.
– Use appropriate styling techniques and the correct visual elements in the relevant areas to aid customer segmentation
– Implement window display guidelines on time and “on brand”
– Implement seasonal launches and events on time and “on brand”.
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
– Bachelor’s degree or a diploma in interior design, fashion design, fine arts or otherrelated area of study from an accredited institution.
– Post Graduate degree in the field of marketing, visual merchandising, retailing will be an advantage or any other related field of study with more than 2 years experience in visual merchandising.
– Strong Business Acumen and the ability to communicate with business partners at all levels
– Planning and organising skills
– Knowledge of MS Office with any Graphic software
– Ability to identify business opportunities
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.