Global, 18 January 2018 – Senior figures from IKEA, Deloitte, Unilever and Ford Motor Company will be joining top agency leaders to make up the Effective Use of Brand Purpose jury of the WARC Awards 2018 – a global search for next-generation marketing effectiveness.
The Effective Use of Brand Purpose category is for marketing initiatives that have successfully embraced a brand purpose and achieved commercial success as well as a benefit for a wider community.
Jury chair Claudia Willvonseder, CMO, IKEA Group, comments on the jury line-up: “This year’s jury represents a broad range of talent and experience across several territories. I am sure the judging sessions will be lively as a result and am looking forward to working alongside the jury to assess the latest most effective brand purpose strategies from across the globe.”
The jury members of the WARC Awards 2018 – Effective Use of Brand Purpose category are:
- Claudia Willvonseder, CMO, IKEA Group – Jury Chair
- Jo Arden, Chief Strategy Officer, MullenLowe Group UK
- Alistair Beattie, Co-CEO, DDB&Tribal Amsterdam
- David Chriswick, Head of Brand Strategy, DigitasLBi Chicago
- Simon Cotterrell, Head of Strategy, Interbrand
- Al Crawford, Founder, Humdinger
- Jem Fawcus, Group CEO & Owner, Firefish
- Dan Izbicki, Global Director for Creative Excellence, Unilever
- Vanella Jackson, Global CEO, Hall & Partners
- Tanya Joseph – Director, Tanya Joseph Consulting
- Andy Last, Co-Founder, Salt Communications
- Adrian Mills, Partner, Deloitte Australia
- Chris Norman, Founder and Managing Director, Good Agency
- Govind Pandey, Chief Executive Officer, TBWA\Group India
- Rajoielle Register, Cross Brand Strategy and Growth Audiences Lead, Ford Motor Company
- Harjot Singh, Chief Strategy Officer of Europe, McCann
The WARC Awards are free to enter and are open to submissions from any country and communications discipline into four categories: Effective Use of Brand Purpose, Effective Content Strategy, Effective Social Strategy and Effective Innovation categories.
In addition to the Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronzes, in each category the jury will select three Special Awards honouring particular areas of excellence. For Effective Use of Brand Purpose, they are: Evaluation Award – for a brand purpose strategy that has gone the extra mile in measuring both commercial and societal impact; Employee Engagement Award – rewarding a brand purpose-led strategy that is consistent both inside and outside an organisation; and Smart Spender Award – for purpose-led strategy that was effective on a budget of $500K or less.
Full details of the judges and information on how to enter the WARC Awards, is available here Entry deadline is 12 February.