17 November 2017 – The Effective Channel Integration shortlist is now released for WARC’s Media Awards, an international competition that rewards pioneering communications planning which has made a positive impact on business results for brands around the world.
A total of 19 campaigns have been shortlisted in the Effective Channel Integration category which looks for how sophisticated communications architecture helped boost campaign effectiveness.
The shortlisted entries have ran in a wide range of markets – Australia, Brazil, Europe, India, Israel, Italy, New Zealand, North America, Philippines, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States – and are for a variety of categories including FMCG, food and drink, telecoms, automotive, media, beauty, household goods and restaurant sectors.
Commenting on the judging process, jury chair Charlie Chappell, Senior Director, Global Integrated Media, The Hershey Company, said: “It’s great to see that marketers are embracing the new norm of a constantly changing communications landscape. Through the submissions, it is clear that they have proven that to do great work you must reach across various, dynamic channels to achieve your business objectives. I applaud the marketers for pushing the boundaries and continuing to stretch their learnings that has led them to award-winning campaigns.”
The shortlisted entries are:
- Using integration to win the game of snakes and ladders · Ford KA+ · Ford · GTB · Europe
- Unwrapping a love story · Extra Gum · Mars Wrigley · Energy BBDO · United States
- Turning social currency into social commerce · TRESemmé · Unilever · Ogilvy & Mather · Philippines
- Vote for Underwood · NOW TV · Sky · MEC · Italy
- Made Possible By Melbourne · University of Melbourne · McCann Melbourne · Australia
- The Bic 4 Colour Champenships · Bic · McCann Melbourne · Australia, New Zealand
- Fanta Relaunch · Fanta · Coca-Cola Company · UM Sydney, Ogilvy · Australia, New Zealand
- Bachelor of Shaving · Gillette India · Procter & Gamble · MediaCom Communications India · India
- Tourist SIM – 360 Journey · du · Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company · Starcom Dubai · United Arab Emirates
- Post Wisely · du · Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company · Starcom Dubai · United Arab Emirates
- Finding the Party-Tray People · HORMEL Gatherings ® Party Trays · Hormel Foods · Barefoot Proximity · United States
- Using Waze to drive guests to restaurants · Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery · Craftworks · IMM · United States
- Monopoly Win Win · McDonald’s · OMD UK, Leo Burnett · United Kingdom
- Media that can! · Channel 4 · OMD, 4creative · United Kingdom
- Declaration Descendants · Ancestry · Droga5 · North America
- The Great “Hand Me Up” · Ariel · Procter & Gamble · Mediacom Connections Israel, Stern Ariely Communication · Israel
- Antarctica’s Webseries · Antarctica · AB InBev · Almap BBDO · Brazil
- Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics Integrated Digital campaign · Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Centre · Barefoot Proximity · United States
- The dullest ad in history for the least active kids in history · OMO · Unilever · FP7/ · United Arab Emirates
To see the shortlisted case studies in the Effective Channel Integration as well as the Effective Use of Tech categories, or for more information on the global WARC Media Awards and please view here
The shortlisted papers in the Effective Partnerships and Sponsorships and Best Use of Data categories will be announced shortly.