The Web Executive is responsible for supporting Alshaya’s social media and digital communication strategy by managing content revisions and upgrades to the Alshaya website and intranet.
Contribute to Alshaya’s understanding of social and digital media environment and the opportunities/challenges it presents
* Remain current on trends regarding online corporate communication and recommend opportunities to enhance the Alshaya website and intranet
* Establish appropriate monitoring tools to collect performance information about the sites usage & visitors
Manage Alshaya’s online corporate reputation
* Maintain and update Alshaya’s website and intranet in line with the defined content management process and Corporate Communication SLAs
* Revise Alshaya’s website and intranet with content from the Internal / External Communications team
* Ensure all content is up to date – brands, locations, contact details etc. (working with other parts of the business as necessary)
* Ensure all site functionality is working correctly
* Identify opportunities to optimize site content and functionality
* Evaluate systems in line with new technology and developments
* Escalate technical issues to line manager and IT department
Create and maintain excellent team and cross functional working relationships
* Work as part of a harmonious and productive team
* Ensure all activity is delivered in line with Alshaya’s Vision & Values
* Contribute to the sharing of best practice within the department and across Alshaya
* Work alongside internal and external communications colleagues to deliver communication initiatives
* Work cross functionally with other teams and functions (including Brand teams, Corporate Marketing, E-commerce and IT) to ensure the efficient implementation of communication initiatives.
* Build and manage professional relationships with external partners, including agencies where required
* Adhere to all Company Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
* University Graduate with relevant qualification or work experience
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 55 of the world’s most recognised retail brands, including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, P.F. Chang’s, Office Depot and Boots. The company operates 2,200 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food Service, Optics, Pharmacy, Office Supplies and Home Furnishings.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East, North Africa, Turkey, Cyprus, Russia, Poland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and the UK. It employs more than 28,000 people from over 90 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.