This role involves writing strong product descriptions for a variety of product categories for a sports/lifestyle brand. Please apply only if you have proven experience at writing product descriptions for eCommerce websites, and can demonstrate your ability.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Writing relevant and creative web copy for our various brands (product copy, SEO copy, website content, marketing & promotional materials, and Other Writing As Assigned).
- Collaborating with other business teams when developing product copy.
- Understanding a brand’s tone of voice and creating copy that fits it.
- Editing, proofreading and correcting your own work; helping to cross-check your team members’ work.
- Taking initiative to gather information through in-person interviews, store visits and online research when raw content isn’t available.
- Being organized, responsible for your work and a team.
- Bringing a positive attitude to the office.
- Sticking to deadlines.
- Learning and adapting fast; taking charge and being willing to listen.
- Working as part of an exciting new webteam.
- At least 1-2 years of e-commerce copywriting experience,
- The ability to write copy that is incredibly product-focused,
- Understanding of SEO web principles with regard to content creation
- Prior experience with CMS tools,
- Ability to work under pressure and be a self starter
- Web focused experience is a must for this role
About the Company
Established in 1978, by the Baker family who still own and manage the company today, Gulf Marketing Group is one of the Middle East’s leading, family owned companies. Gulf Marketing Group operates regionally, across the GCC and boasts a diverse portfolio of brands, retail outlets and services. Gulf Marketing Group subsidiaries operate in key sectors such as retail and distribution of sporting goods and lifestyle brands, health and fitness, food and food processing, integrated 3PL logistics, real estate, healthcare and pharmacies, education and technology. Since 1978, Gulf Marketing Group has introduced more than 90 international brands into the Middle East, as well as building the reputation of our homegrown brands as reliable and quality driven companies.
We are proud to be one of the top 10 retailers in the Gulf region with:
- More than three decades experience managing international brands in local environments
- A prestigious portfolio of world class brand partners
- Anchor tenancy in all major GCC shopping malls
- A proven track record of securing exclusive retail and distributor agreements
- An experienced management team
- Strong customer relationships