1. Planning and Implementation • Contribute to the development and formulation of Omantel corporate strategy to ensure that regulatory affairs-related matters are considered and appropriately reflected.
• Review emerging business plans for their regulatory impact and implications and to act as a source of expertise and advice on regulatory issues within the company.
• Assist in the establishment of effective policies in the Regulatory Affairs Unit and formalize these in procedures to provide a strong and professional Unit.
• Participate in the planning, implementation and management of the transformation of Regulatory Affairs processes to support Company’s transition to a competitive market.
• Ensure that Omantel complies with national and international regulatory requirements including but not limited to Telecom Act, fixed and mobile licenses, regulations, TRA directives etc.
• Be an expert on and keep abreast of developments in the regulatory framework for telecommunications, in Oman, the Gulf and further afield to advise GM Regulatory Affairs on likely developments in this area and to position the company to influence regulatory issues within the Sultanate.
• Develop regulatory reports and benchmarks on specific issue and when required by the General Manager.
• Transfer Knowledge and assist in developing staff to ensure that the Regulatory Affairs is equipped to meet its objectives with a strong base of professionals.
• Study competition related issues like liberalization policies, licensing regimes, market power/dominance, benchmarking, Universal Service Obligation, accounting separation etc. and prepare recommendations.
• Provide inputs for the preparation of responses to the TRA consultation papers on various subjects and issues.
• Prepare responses to the TRA on issues including but not limited to compliance, competition, disputes, Universal Service Obligation, resale of service etc.
• Study and review Technical issues including Quality of Service (QoS) requirements and prepare recommendations.
• Study regulatory initiatives by the TRA having impact on the Company’s business and propose countermeasures to effectively mitigate such impacts.
• Carry out any other specific tasks assigned by GM Regulatory Affairs.
• Very good analytical and problem solving skills
About the Company
Omantel is the pioneer of total communications solutions in the Sultanate of Oman. We have the widest choice of state of the art services with the broadest network coverage. We listen to understand your needs and value feedback. We strive to deliver on our promises.
Omantel (as both Omantel and Oman Mobile) has offered the full spectrum of telecommunications solutions to the people and businesses of Oman since the dawn of the Renaissance in 1970. Over the years, as the pioneering telecommunications supplier, we have striven to connect even the most remote communities to each other and to the rest of the world. As a pillar of the Omani economy, Omantel has been a leading player in Oman’s progress and national development.
The Omantel logo, embodies the Omani heritage, in the form of the Khanjar. Our color palette, blue and orange, signals our dedication to professionalism and progression as well as a vibrant spirit. The Omantel name, combined both in Arabic and English, is cradled and encapsulated in our new brand symbol reflecting a caring mindset.
Our tagline reflects also our philosophy of togetherness as this is at the heart of everything we do – as we lead the way in bringing individuals, families, businesses and regions ever closer together using leading edge technology for communications.